TENNESSEE HD CLINICS
Because Huntington’s disease is a rare disease, it is important to have access to expert specialized care. Medical professionals learn about HD in training, but most may only see one or two during their entire career. A dedicated HD clinic provides the care needed by HD patients.
In Tennessee, there are four specialized HD clinics enabling every Tennessean to get expert care at a clinic less than a two-hour drive from home. The clinics offer care and support to HD patients and their families from pre-diagnosis through the late stages of the disease. This continuity of care in the local community is invaluable for living well with HD. Each clinic offers access to a team of professionals who have extensive experience with HD patients and the challenges that HD families encounter. The teams include neurologists; psychiatrists; genetic counselors; social workers; nutritionists/dieticians, and speech, physical, and occupational therapists. The team approach results in closely-coordinated care for each patient and the specialized knowledge and experience enables the clinics to assist with all aspects and effects of the disease in day-to-day life.
- Erlanger Health System, 979 East Third Street, Suite C-830, Medical Mall, Chattanooga, TN 37403 - Director: Elizabeth Ferluga, MD; Clinic Coordinator: Aimee King, Phone: 423-778-9450 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
; Social worker: Sarah Hines, LCSW - Phone: 423-778-9001 - Email: email@example.com
- Cole Neuroscience Center (UT Medical Center), 2200 Sutherland Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37919 - Director: Christopher Tolleson, MD, MPH; Clinic Coordinator: Susan Benson; Phone: 865-521-6174 ext. 21 - Email: SBenson@utmck.edu
- Phone number for appointments: 865-521-6174; Social Worker: Charlotte Sorensen - Phone: 865-305-2773 Option 5 - Email: CSorenson@utmck.edu
- Veracity Neuroscience LLC, 5050 Poplar Avenue, Suite 511, Memphis, TN 38157. Director: Mark LeDoux MD, PhD. The Memphis HD Clinic can be reached by calling (901) 443-9170 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. The clinic fax number is (901) 443-0258. Sara Wilkinson, RN, APN (retired), serves as the volunteer West Tennessee patient contact; she can be reached at (901) 683-9573. For more information about Veracity Neuroscience, click here
– Vanderbilt University Medical Center – Director: Daniel Claassen, MD; To make an appointment at the Vanderbilt HD Clinic, contact Elizabeth Huitz at (615) 936-1007. The clinical trial research facility is housed at The Villages of Vanderbilt. The HD Clinic is held in the Preston Research Building. For more information about the HD Clinic, click here